Subject: [Leica] Computer help!!!
From: creativevisions at verizon.net (Michael J Herring)
Date: Thu Jul 21 21:39:56 2005

Hi Tina,

Do you have a professional grade UPS unit? 2 years ago the brown out
problems caused 2 of my PC power supplies, mother boards, and hard drives to
fail.
Since I installed the UPS I have not had a single data loss.
I have a PCM 2200 UPS unit.
I run 2 servers and 1 Mac on this.
I also backup to external Firewire/USB2 drives and internal SCSI drives.
The internal SCSI drives comes with 5 year warranties.
I am afraid it it like photography equipment - "You get what you pay for".
F.Y.I. - Seagate hard drives come with 5 year warranties(IDE&ATA).

Let me know if you still have issues.
I build my own servers and work stations.

Take care,
Mike