Subject: [Leica] Computer help!!!
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Jul 20 20:25:36 2005

Just a thought, Tina. There are Mac drivers for many peripherals. The
Mac will ready your Windows-formatted hard drives just fine. Macs play
well with others because they have to.

I would bet that your printers, scanners and  hard drives would work
just fine on a Mac if they are relatively recent. Certainly VueScan
will support your scanners.

I would imagine there is someone in Columbia or Charleston who would
have the oomph to help you.

Good luck and keep us informed. There's NOTHING more frustrating than
a flakey system and there's something about this that's......odd.

Adam

PS: To other Mac folks, I am still running 10.3.8 or 9 on my studio
system but 10.4.2 on my laptop. I'm not going to change soon. The
demand that I do a complete re-install is holding me back.

ab

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Computer help!!!)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Computer help!!!)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Computer help!!!)