Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 28: Various people
From: nathan.wajsman at (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Jul 18 22:07:37 2005

Hi Don,

Thanks for looking. Not only does Mr. Lyb?ck have tons of film in the
shop, but there is also a slew of various analogue equipment, including
Leica, and he prides himself on being able to find almost anything for a
client through his network of like-minded dealers around Europe.

The softness in the shot is probably due to camera shake--I had the
camera set at ISO 400 and decided to shoot at that speed and f1.4 (with
the 24mm Canon); in retrospect I should have bumped the ISO up to 800 to
get the extra stop.

The one of the two girls in Nyhavn was shot with the 1.8/85mm Canon, the
best $300 I ever spent.

Don Dory wrote:

> G'day Nathan,
> As always a good bunch.
> Your first one:
> is a great environment but seems just a bit soft as if you just missed
> the focus.  I haven't seen that much film in a shop in several years.
> I will soon have to buy my film from B&H or Unique as in a city of 4.5
> million I am having trouble purchasing the films that I want.
> On the other hand, the image of the two women on the side of the canal:
> has just about the perfect amount of sharpness on the subjest with a
> great OOF background.  Very nicely done.
> Don

Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands

General photography:
Seville photography:
Stock photography:
Prints for sale:

Replies: Reply from wrs111445 at (Bill Smith) ([Leica] Nathan's PAW 28: Various people---question for Nathan)
Message from don.dory at (Don Dory) ([Leica] Nathan's PAW 28: Various people)