Subject: [Leica] Optimizing (minimizing) filter inventory
From: wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith)
Date: Sun Jul 17 02:15:42 2005

Scott:

I have a variety of approx. 30 y.old compact/ full size Japanese RFs and
full size Nikons--lens sizes from 40.5 to 58mm. I settled on (w/ advice from
B+W, Germany--B+W, USA never responded to my inquiry!) 49mm and 55mm as my
standard sizes. I chose 55mm instead of 58mm because I wanted to use the
fine Hama square hood for my RFs (the same hood also comes in 49mm). My
filters are all Hoya HMC and my adapters are all steel Heliopan (red,
orange, green for B/W; 81A and 81C for color). I bought everything mail
order from Tim Rice in Berkeley, CA, tijori@rcn.com w/o any hitch. I keep my
filters sorted w/ two, metal filter stackers.

The system works great!

Bill

Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@planet.nl> wrote:
Scott,

Why not just buy filters in the biggest size (ignoring the Nokton
perhaps), i.e. E46, and then use adapter rings for the E39 and E43
lenses? Adapters are a lot cheaper than filters.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands