Subject: [Leica] Friday WTB: Elmar 50/3.5 + tripod screw with American thread
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Fri Jul 15 07:31:27 2005

Bob,

You seem to be having no luck with this search.  Can I make a modest
suggestion?  Look for a collapsible Industar 22 or 50.  I've had a
number of Elmars over the years, and the Industar is as good as the
best of them.  You can pick them up for peanuts.  They also have a
slightly easier way of adjusting the aperture.  Anyway, they are dirt
cheap, and a good substitute (temporary or otherwise) for the Leica
glass.

Mark