Subject: [Leica] photography today is GARBAGE
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Jul 14 01:05:14 2005

On 7/13/05 8:29 PM, "Norm Aubin" <puff11@comcast.net> typed:

> Mark,
>
> Projecting light through a negative is a sin!  You are making a copy of a
> copy!
> True photography - writing with light - is done by Daguerreotype - writing
> with light on silver coated copper!  Anything else is just too many steps
> removed!
>
> And keeping them still is easy - digitalis to the rescue!
>
> I insist!
>
> Norm

Copies and Copies and Copies. Where's the value?
I'd compromise on glass plates though.
I hear they may Tmax 400 in glass plates. Maybe it's the 100. Do the
Astrophotography people need it?
I think the look you'd get in a contact or projection print would really
have a noticeably edge to it. Over sheet film. Which is floppy and messy
comparatively. I hope I don't die before having that chance. ...to use glass
plates.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon