Subject: [Leica] sweaty, loud, rocking Houston.. my paw
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Mon Jul 11 18:12:29 2005

Yeah, Don, after 30 years in New Orleans, Houston is semi-tropical!  I  fled
to Natchitoches for relief

.
In a message dated 7/11/2005 8:01:11 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
don.dory@gmail.com writes:

Sonny,
You know, they don't affectionatly call Houston the "Swamp"  for
nothing.  Cool night air in July?  What was it 85 and 90  percent
humidity?

I lived in Houston for ten years and loved its  strangeness.  You could
go from a Vietnamese community near Seabrook  to a very Chelsea feeling
on Montrose.  Nice upper/middle class  sixties warp in West University
to ghetto on  canal.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com

On 7/11/05, SonC@aol.com  <SonC@aol.com> wrote:

> I went outside to get  some of that cool Houston nights.  More  later.
> This
>  was Saturday at the Engine Room, just south of the Convention  Center on
Pease

> In a message dated 7/11/2005 6:40:05 P.M. Central  Daylight Time,
> wrs111445@yahoo.com writes:
>
>  Sonny:
>
> I'm a long- time Houston resident now in Korea.  Where  were you in the
"Bayou
> City?"
>
> One wag  once said "If air conditioning  had not been invented, Houston
>  wouldn't exist."
>
> Bill
>
> SonC@aol.com  wrote:
> Just like you would expect in the  "Engine Room"
>
> Out of courtesy, the guys at the door carded  me
>

> The Alkaline  Trio
>
>  http://www.sonc.com/alk3.htm
>
> Minolta CLE, 28mm Rokkor  Fuji  800

Regards,