Subject: [Leica] Curious about enlargements made by LUG forum members
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sat Jul 9 16:29:59 2005

Scott:

>What typical enlargements do folks *typically* make from their 135
>format negatives exposed with their Leica gear.

Typical is on 8x10 paper.  Usually ends up being 6x9 if I'm printing full
frame.  That's my standard size for proofing prints.  If I don't have
anything special in mind for an image, but I want a print, I'll make an
8x10.

The next most typical is on 11x14.  A few I'll crop square to 10x10 or
12x12.  Rarely on 16x20 and 5x7.

>Does the type of pic influence the enlargement size?  Landscape vs.
>potraiture vs. street shooting and so on?  What about hand held vs.
>tripod mounted camera shots?  Film choice?

All of the above.  Hand held in dim light, I might have a fast enough
shutter speed to make an acceptable 6x enlargement, but not 10x.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/