Subject: [Leica] New toy (IIIf + Elmar)
From: dlridings at gmail.com (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Fri Jul 8 09:43:56 2005

I looked again, Robert, and I looked at the rest of the roll. I don't
see any vignetting at all on the rest of the frames.

Then it dawned on me. The clouds were forming into a storm and the
only thing I can think is that I caught dark patches of clouds in the
upper corners. That is, it isn't vignetting at all, it is simply just
dark clouds that happen to be there.

I've shot it a lot wide-open and there is no vignetting, so it has to
be something else.

No hood or filter. How would one put a filter on an old (uncoated)
Elmar? There some threads in there, but that would be one small
filter, not even as large as a dime.

The scans don't do the Elmar justice. It's very sharp ... and I'm not
one to mention things like that very often. Since it's uncoated it
flares very easily (it's enough with bright reflections off a wall),
but when you have that in control, it's a fine little lens.

Kids are getting a little tired of me. I'm going to have to get out of
the house and get some other shots :-)

I sure wouldn't have asked _my_ mother to do this when I was 17 going on 18:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/iiif/05v27_0011

http://gallery.leica-users.org/iiif/05v27_0012

Daniel