Subject: [Leica] for Doug Herr
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Douglas Herr)
Date: Fri Jul 8 07:19:42 2005

feli <feli2@earthlink.net> wrote:

> http://tinyurl.com/ckk8g

The so-called security checks many of us are tolerating are somewhere
between stupid and pointless.  For example, a nearby post office, located in
a federal building.  Cameras are believed to be a security risk so they're
not allowed in the building - at least cameras not in boxes. I've shipped
cameras and lenses from this post office, have recieved the same in my P. O.
Box. The people operating the x-ray machines recognize the items as camera
components but as long as they pass through the building's entrance in a box
there's no problem. If it's not in a box, it's not allowed (camera phones
included). How much thought does it take to realize that cameras can be
taken out of boxes?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com