Subject: [Leica] #210-----UK panthers, lions
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu Jul 7 16:31:05 2005

If the "they" you are refering to are what I'd call a "mountain lion"
or a "puma" then I'd say there are dead joggers around Sacramento and
in the foothills who would feel differently if they could.

People DO get pounced on and either maimed or killed by big cats out
here. I think there is an attack on a yearly basis, probably more
often, as the highly territorial big cats follow water courses down
from the moutains on either side of the Sacramento Valley and into the
more urban areas. They eat beavers and other critters, not to mention
pets and coyotes.

Adam

Replies: Reply from telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr) ([Leica] #210-----UK panthers, lions)
Message from wrs111445 at yahoo.com (Bill Smith) ([Leica] #210-----UK panthers, lions)