Subject: [Leica] Speaking of medium format
From: amr3 at alpha1.csd.uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Wed Jul 6 11:13:06 2005

>Message: 30
>Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2005 15:24:48 +0000
>From: Mike Durling <durling@cox.net>
>Subject: Re: [Leica] Speaking of medium format,        I've picked up a
        1954Rolleicord...

>I will have to second (or third) the praises bestowed on the Bessa II.
>I happened upon mine in a consignment-type antique shop.  Knowing almost
>nothing about it its quality was immediately apparent.  Nice clear
>rangefinder, solid build, clear and coated large-aperture lens (color
>Heilar 105/3.5) etc.  The lens turned out to be very sharp with bokeh to
>die for.

>Mike  D

My Bessa II is in very good condition, but the Color-Skopar is
disappointing.  away from the center of the image. It has a "smeary" look
unless stopped down to f/16 or f/22.  Can just a little bit of play in the
front standard have this much effect on the image?  The RF seems right on,
for an object at the center of the frame.

I also have an Ansco Super-Speedex that has a terrific Solinar lens, but on
backlit pictures it seems that I get glare bouncing off the area behind the
bellows but just in front of the film aperture.  A lens hood doesn't
eliminate this problem.  Black felt glued here helps some.

Alan