Subject: [Leica] The DMR is here in Denver
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jul 5 15:29:27 2005

In a message dated 7/5/2005 5:21:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
York915@msn.com writes:
Do post some examples and tell us how easy or not  easy it is to use.  I
will
interested in knowing how, as a practical  matter, your photography changes
as a result of the reduced field of view due to  the sensor size.

hmmm.  I am an M  shooter, and my 35mm summicron is "welded" on one camera.
When I got my  Leica *ist Ds, I used the zoom for some time, and recently
bought a 28mm f2.8  prime.

Since the lens point of view is close to the 35, and I can run  iso's at
about twice what I would at film for the same noise, I am finding that  I
shoot
pretty much the same.

The tactile feel of the M5 or M6 are  quite nicer than the ist, but now it
mostly depends on whether I think I need  the stuff sooner.

Gotta admit, I am interested in the DMR, but with one  kid in college . . .
another headed there, I will probably just wait, and  buy mine used, like I
mostly have the other Leica stuff.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com