Subject: [Leica] NYT Public Editor on Press Photography
From: scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin)
Date: Sun Jul 3 10:11:20 2005

Yeah, I was wondering if it was an "elitist assumption" or an assumption
that the readers themselves "are elite."

But I generally write off just about any opinion when the "elitist" word
comes up, so I didn't wonder too long :-)

But I went to Harvard, so what the hell do I know?

LOL ROTFL

But back on topic, the possibility of a photograph being misinterpreted
as a more "factual" than illustrative photo is always a real issue.

Sure, why not?  Just think of all the sensationalist headlines and copy
that
passes for "news," even in the relatively dry business press and industry
trade rags. Maybe moreso there, because it's so dry to begin with :-)

Scott