Subject: [Leica] Was: Where or where is the DMR Now:Zeiss
From: DLawrence at fkp.com (Don Lawrence)
Date: Wed Jun 29 08:04:40 2005

I recent picked up a 50mm Planar T* 2/50ZM and have used it for a couple of
rolls. Very nice lens.
Build quality seems a couple of steps up from the V/C lenses (I have the
28/f1.9 and 15/4.5 to compare to).
The design is similar to the V/C SL series for SLRs with a bayonet mounted
lens shade. I am very pleased with the results so far.
If there is an interest, I will post some images when I have time.

Don Lawrence

>From: "Stephen York" <York915@msn.com>
>William -- the viewfinder on the ZI is said to be very large.  Folks who
handled the prototype, and who wear eyeglasses, have reported
>that they have had no trouble seeing the 35mm and the 28mm framelines.  So
it is my impression that it may provide the eye relief of the >0.58 w/o the
diminutive image.  You get the best of both worlds.

Replies: Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Was: Where or where is the DMR Now:Zeiss)