Subject: [Leica] where oh where is the DMR?
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Tue Jun 28 09:58:40 2005

The one thing that makes me believe that Leica may actually show a M-
d in some shape
or form this fall, is the DMR.

Since they have limited resources and can't afford to invent the
wheel twice,
I'm going to guess that the M-D will be heavily based on the innards
of the DMR,
which actually exists (sort of) and appears to work. Also keep in
mind that one of
the more time consuming aspects of designing a digital camera is
getting the software
right. That work has already been done for the DMR and can be
modified for the M-D,
leaving them mostly with the mechanical stuff to do (and Leica is
very good at that part).

I would find it difficult to believe that R-D and M-D development
hasn't been done
to some extend in parallel. Even Leica couldn't have been dumb enough
to not have done that.

So, I'm going to be foolishly optimistic and pray that a minor
miracle is going
to occur and there will actually be something to see in some shape or
form this fall.
Who knows, you may actually be able to buy the darn thing by the spring.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                 2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

no archive