Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW Streets of Hendersonville, N.C.
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Jun 25 18:35:57 2005

As alluded to earlier this week, I was up in the "thermal belt" last
weekend.  Hendersonville is a moderate sized town caught between the
art crowd of Ashville and the more rural roots as a destination for
the landed gentry fleeing the sweltering heat and swarms of mosquitoes
along the coastline especially from Charleston.

First we find a strange fascination with two objects:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album236/twpheads

Second, a scene current but a repitition of a scene carried out
throughout the world and throughout time.  Children playing in the
shadow of a monument to a former time, oblivious to where they are and
any meanings still attached to the monuments to remembrance:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album236/toourconfederatesoldiers

Third,  a Jack Russell terrier protecting his masters belongings:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album236/jackrussellnofog

Fourth, friends enjoying each others company engaging in conversation:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album236/fleamarketconversation

Last, friends of a different but no less important sort:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album236/ladyanddog

All shot with an M6, Tri-X, and mostly a 50 ASPH Summilux but one 21 SA.

Comments, rocks, rolls of Tri-X, or nothing at all cheerfully accepted

Don
don.dory@gmail.com