Subject: [Leica] new Puts article
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Sat Jun 25 12:13:28 2005

On Jun 25, 2005, at 11:48 AM, B. D. Colen wrote:

> There is no question, Feli, that the depth of field issue is a real
> one, and
> a problem. Shooting digital with less than full framed sensors, one
> really
> has to rethink shooting style, and to find ways to adapt to always
> having
> more of the image in focus than one has shooting wide open with film.

You know, it really is a two edged sword. ;-)

Sometimes when I'm shooting wide open, I curse the shallow DOF,
because I can't get two people in focus at the same time.

PJ's across the world must be doing back flips for joy, because due
to the increased DOF sub FF systems offer, they can finally shoot in
the dark and have everyone in focus.

But if you want just the eyes of a subject in focus and their ears
out of focus, while shooting with the FOV of a 50, you are screwed,
unless the sensor is FF.

Guess I'll need a full frame AND an APS size digital M.
;-)

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                 2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com