Subject: [Leica] Impressions from the Leica Day
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sat Jun 25 05:50:27 2005

Hi Nathan

>>...The shop owner was also very sure that Leica would never, never be
>>sold to a japanese company ("Lieber sterben" - "prefer to die").
>
>...To say that he prefers Leica to die rather than being taken over by a
>larger company that might provide desperately needed technology, capital
>and management, is just plain stupid.

I agree it's more than stupid, especially when one considers what success a
certain Mr. K of Cosina could achieve in the past years by revitalizing the
rangefinder idea.

But I had the dull presentiment that this seller's opinion might be the
same one that is ruling in Solms, too.

Didier

Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Impressions from the Leica Day)