Subject: [Leica] Re: 20d/d70/rd1
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter)
Date: Thu Jun 23 21:06:49 2005

I have to agree. Reverse engineering what's in the lens cannot be that
difficult. I
don't see how C or N can change their body to make the lens not work, else
the C or
N lenses in the field would not work on the changed body. Of course the
reverse
engineering has to be right but how much stuff can there be communicated
between a
lens and camera.

New C or N lenses can of course have new features not found in the older
lens but to
make old lenses stop working? No.