Subject: [Leica] Eugene Richards Book?
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Jun 22 07:58:03 2005

I'm aware of how the book opens, John - and I'm also aware of the fact that
Richards was working on the "stories" for ages. One page of field notes in
a, what, 400 page book (it's not in front of me here,) hardly makes a book
of field notes.Fat Babies is not a book of "field notes" by any stretch of
the imagination - rather, it is a career retrospective in which the
photographer tells stories about various assignments, and also uses various
photos and projects as taking off points for broader explorations of ideas.