Subject: [Leica] Viso question
From: hecp at telia.com (Henrik Claesson Pipping)
Date: Tue Jun 21 08:20:20 2005

Don?t know if this gets posted in the previous thread about this
question, if not, see that thread.

Gentlemen,

Thanks for all your
replies. Unfortunately all your theories can be correct, since they
contradict each other;)

I do not think that it is the arm from an LTM
Viso, since they seem to be quite straight (makes sence, since an LTM
is lower than an M). See

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&category=73445&item=7524635069&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
http://cgi.
ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
ViewItem&category=29965&item=7524136250&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Especially the last one is informative, since there is an image of one
attached to a camera.

It can not be a conversion to fit an M6 TTL
either, since I found the problem on my M6TTL. An ordinary Viso II fits
perfectly except for the VII finder, but with a VIII finder it works
with the normal arm.

My theory is either an M5-adapted VII, as Chris
suggested, or a VII with the arm from a VIII, although I cannot imagine
the reason for doing that.

I would really like to find out. If anyone
has a firm opinion I would really appreciate it.

Regards,

Henrik

---
Henrik Claesson Pipping