Subject: [Leica] Preparing for the "prom"
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Jun 20 17:22:54 2005

Daniel,
It is fascinating how different societies handle growing up.  In the
public schools of the U.S. there is no great importance placed on
moving out of middle school.  The big deal is Jr/Sr Prom as you
mentioned.

In my circle however, a very similar event is held.  They call it the
PDC Dance (Piedmont Driving Club on whose property the dance is held).
 It is a series of four "debutants" for ninth and tenth graders.  Two
of many things that make it very interesting is that the girls ask the
boys, and the chaperones go to great lengths to introduce the
youngsters to how formal events transpire.  You know the drill,
recieving lines, formal eating rituals, protocol, circulating among
the other guests.

The documentation of you daughter reminds me very much of the woman in
Kansas City who as a PAW did a daily image of her daughter during her
senior year.  Very nice work indeed.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com