Subject: [Leica] Xpan finish hypothesis
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Fri Jun 17 03:46:00 2005

It's interesting to read that others have had the same problem I did. I just
thought there was something wrong with the bottom of my Domke bag.

While I doubt the problem has to do with the paucity of light in Sweden, as
Mark R. has advised, I do enjoy his hypothesis and am happy to report that
he brought a smile to my face as I read it this morning.

Similarily, I am happy to report I like the Xpan II and have taken many a
nice photo with it.

I am also happy to report that although the paint is an issue on the Xpan,
it in no way looks as nicked and weathered as an M7 I saw last winter
carried by an excellent photographer. The weathered look has patina.  I'm
not all that worried about the Xpan's paint.

Top of the day to you all,

Doug Nygren