Subject: [Leica] darkroom focusing
From: creativevisions at verizon.net (Michael J Herring)
Date: Thu Jun 16 17:19:20 2005

Do you use a grain magnifier? Or do you "eyeball" it?
This is very inaccurate. Focus on the grain.
The only time this is diifcult is when you have negatives with virtually
non-existant grain, such as Kodak Tech Pan.
I have tested many, many enlarging lenses. Most are at the optical best, 2
stops down from maximum aperture. Some are terrible wide open, and some
are
very good wide open.

Mike