Subject: [Leica] Peter Does Oregon, with a Leica
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Luis Ripoll)
Date: Wed Jun 15 13:45:55 2005

Nice collection!
Luis

-----Mensaje original-----
De: lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org
[mailto:lug-bounces+luisripoll=telefonica.net@leica-users.org]En nombre de
Peter Klein
Enviado el: martes, 14 de junio de 2005 10:05
Para: lug@leica-users.org; leica@freelists.org
Asunto: [Leica] Peter Does Oregon, with a Leica

Here are some first picks from my vacation trip to the "Dry Side" of Oregon
last week.

Smith Rocks State Park in Wagnerian mode:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album225/18710029SmithRocks

Americana(?) in Roslyn, Washington:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album225/18720024Roslyn

A National Geographic moment in the Newberry lava fields:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album225/18740021KatyaLava

A GeeBee moment at an abandoned 1930s hydroelectric station, White River
Falls.  Sorry, no sheep:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album225/18750019ForGeeBee

Family snap mode, White River Falls:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album225/18750022KatyaWhiteRivFalls

A Native American fishing in the traditional manner:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album225/18750028IndianFishing

Just outside of Sisters, OR:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album225/18760013Sisters

Crater Lake from an overlook on the western shore:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album225/18750013CraterLkOverlook

Last light at Crater Lake Lodge, with a little something extra:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album225/18760030CraterLkLastLite

Crater Lake, 7:30 AM:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album225/18760035CraterLk

Crater Lake Symmetry:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album225/18760037CraterLkSymm

The whole album, if you want to browse it via the thumbnails:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/album225

Enjoy, comments welcome.

Technical stuff:  1544x1024 Noritsu scans of mostly Fuji Press 400 shot at
250, with a bit of curve adjustment, resizing, and resharpening.  M6TTL
with 21/4 VC, 35/2 Summicron (4th Gen), 50/2 DR Summicron, and 90/3.5
VC.  I will probably do 4000 dpi scans of a few of these myself for
printing, but these will have to do for the Web due to time
constraints.  Ballard Camera in Seattle did a nice job with the scans.  I
asked them to scan a little darker than normal, and the JPGs came out quite
usable.  Glaring sun on snow still blows out, but the rest is OK, and I can
usually lighten the midtones and shadows well enough for the Web.  Next
time I'll ask for a bit less sharpening, as the originals look a bit
"crunchy."

--Peter