Subject: [Leica] PAW June 9, 2005
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jun 11 14:58:56 2005

Feli showed:
Subject: Re: [Leica] PAW June 9, 2005
> http://tinyurl.com/cdwoj <<

Hi Feli,
Nice clean material. My preference is man with suit case #1.

A comment on the others that might help in the future. Of course I realize
you know what I'm gong to say so please take it as a touch of a reminder.
;-)

Lady doing her embroidering.
All that was needed is the action or implied action of her pulling the
needle and thread though the material. There had to be some kind of hand
action as she reached to pull the needle. And it would've been "Bingo!"

Newspapers ?  Almost the same thing, the action of her reaching to put money
in the box and or taking the paper out.

Remember it's this simple. Light, eyes, action, or any combination of those
elements and 99.99999% of the time a picture will work.

Old man.... This is tricky, although I think if he were farther down the
sidewalk, smaller in silhouette it might have been more effective or being
able to see he was walking. But it's hard to understand that he's an "old
man" in this shot. Or what he's doing?

But "Man with Suitcase?"
It's right on the mark with light, action. Wonderful composition with trees
and building lines and shadows.

Good on you for hitting this one .
ted

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] PAW June 9, 2005)