Subject: [Leica] Re:Leica] Film production stills help?
From: FELIXMATURANA at telefonica.net (Félix López de Maturana)
Date: Thu Jun 9 09:42:31 2005

>My problem with RAW (and I still use it 99% of the time) is that I am
>starting to reach the conclusion that it is not worth the extra effort.
>I rarely really have to do anything. I still shoot raw though ... just
>in case. But the transfer times when you off-load 2GB cards is a pain.
>Just recently I've noticed a little voice in my head "why bother?".

Daniel

 From my first Canon D30 to the last Canon 1Ds -up to the launching of
the R digital back- I've shot many, many thousand pictures. As an
example today I've seen a public exhibition in Bilbao, where they showed
some hundred pictures of events commemorating the 700th anniversary of
the town foundation. Half of the pictures showed in this exhibition were
mine. None in RAW. Simply I have no time for a accurate workflow. May be
I'm wrong but I prefer a good work just in time than a perfect work in
delay. For my personal pictures I think that RAW is too much. Perhaps
and however owning several Leicas I'm not a perfectionist.

Felix