Subject: [Leica] Re: Walmart police
From: wvl at comcast.net (Bill Lawlor)
Date: Wed Jun 8 10:34:06 2005

" I asked the manager why, and was told that lithium batteries are used
as an ingredient in making methamphetamine, and with the epidemic of
meth labs in the rural south,Wal-Mart limits you  to 3 packages."

Last July I was driving across New Mexico and pulled into a Wal-Mart store
to buy some camping supplies. At the check out line the teen aged girl clerk
asked me to show identification to prove I was old enough to buy a bottle of
wine. I told her I was 64 years old and it was ridiculous to demand my ID.
She said it was company policy to check ID on all purchasers of alcohol.
When I asked the reason she said clerks are instructed to confiscate any
expired or "suspicious" ID and call security who would bring the police. I
told her what to do with the wine and a few other choice comments and
shopped at another store. Imagine if I had also wanted lithium batteries!

That was my first and only experience of Wall-Mart.

Bill Lawlor

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: Walmart police)
Reply from scott at adrenaline.com (Scott McLoughlin) ([Leica] Re: Walmart police)
Reply from tgif at mbi.nifty.com (Tom Kumagai) ([Leica] Re: Walmart police)