Subject: [Leica] Voigtländer 40/1.4 on a CL/CLE
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Tue Jun 7 17:18:45 2005

What list member has experience focusing any f/1.4 lens through the
short based rangefinder with which the CL or CLE were cursed?  As the
former owner of an original Leica CL, I for one would be leery of
shooting at f/1.4, at least at close focus, even with a forty.  However,
I admit that the fastest lens I ever put on my CL was the 40mm Summicron
which was as fine a lens as the body was a pooch.

        Buzz Hausner