Subject: [Leica] They Shoulda Stuck With the Second
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (Buzz Hausner)
Date: Tue Jun 7 16:09:59 2005

The second edition is a vastly superior dictionary for which one should
expect to pay a premium.  A good used third edition can be had for under
fifty bucks, about eighty or so new.  A beat up second often changes
hands for more than a hundred.  A very fine second should set you back
between $150 and $200 depending upon condition and paper stock, with
India paper copies at the high end.  I have an exceptionally fine India
paper second edition in a full leather binding that I did myself; I have
turned down offers of $1,000.  Remember, these prices are for G. & C.
Merriam (Springfield, MA) Webster dictionaries...there are a great many
volumes masquerading as the real thing.

        Buzz Hausner