Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Voigtländer 40/1.4 (was Leica prices)
From: langeratcarleton at gmail.com (Mark Langer)
Date: Tue Jun 7 13:05:37 2005

I got the CLE body without a lens, and was using my Canon 35/2 on it
until I got the 28/3.5 Cosina Voigtlander.  I was keeping my eye open
for either the Leitz or the Minolta 40/2, but thought that the extra
speed of the 40/1.4 might  be useful.  While the CLE is compact
compared to my M6, it is pretty darn bulky compared to even a Konica
Auto S3, to say nothing of the Rollei 35SE.  So if it ain't going to
win prizes in the compact department, I'm not sure that the bigger
bulk of the 40/1.4 is going to be a big factor in my thinking, unless
the camera is unbalanced with that lens.  Doesn't anyone have shooting
experience with it?

Mark