Subject: [Leica] Olympus is in trouble too.
From: bdcolen at comcast.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Jun 7 07:34:10 2005

One footnote here - Olympus is not Leica - while the so-called "consumer
products division" (cameras and voice recorders) is the tail that wags the
dog in the public's mind, it is but a very small part of Olympus, which is a
world leader in medical technology, microscopes, endoscopes, blood
analyzers, etc. In some of those areas Olympus has market share that that
resembles that of Microsoft.

That said, they're not going to eat this kind of losses for very long.