Subject: [Leica] Film production stills help?
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Mon Jun 6 20:49:38 2005

On Jun 6, 2005, at 7:39 PM, Matt Morgan wrote:

> So, the tech requirement is: the files have to be provided as both
> TIFF and high-quality JPEGs sized at 10cm x 15cm.

I would shoot RAW at the highest resolution setting, then tweak
everything in CS2 or C1 or something.

> Any thoughts on the quality of the D70 and it's standard zoom lens?

The kit zoom is actually very good, but slow. Lens speed could be a
problem.
As you know, you will almost certainly not be able to use a flash,
while they are rolling film. ;-)
Maybe you can rent a 1.4/50 or the Nikkor 28mm f/1.4D AF. There is also
the Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D AF-S,
which is a really good lens. I would also bring something long like a
2.8/ 70-200 or the 2.5/105.

You may also want to think about a camera blimp. The M6 is pretty
quiet, especially is you are standing
in the deadzone of the shotgun mic, but you may want to test the D70.
Heck if worst come to worst, wrap
it in something to deaden the sound. ;-)

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

no archive