Subject: [Leica] Car Prices
From: sdp35 at cwazy.co.uk (Craig Zeni)
Date: Mon Jun 6 07:31:31 2005

On Jun 5, 2005, at 10:34 PM, Grduprey@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/5/2005 8:13:14 AM Central Daylight Time,
> sdp35@cwazy.co.uk writes:
> 2004 VW Passat that is light years ahead of the
> old technology..
>

> I drove a 2005 Passat Diesel a few weeks ago when my A6 was in the
> shop, and
> I agree, they shure have come a long way from what they used to be.  I
> liked
> the Tiptronic auto trans better than my Audi A-6 Tiptronic as it
> stayed in the
> selected gear until I made the shift, where my A6 wants to shift far
> sooner
> than my preferences.  I did read in the owners manual that it learns
> the drivers
> preferences over time.  Since I bought it used 3 months ago, maybe it
> will
> adapt to my style the more I use it in the manual mode.  ;-)

I'd have preferred a manual tranny but VW doesn't see fit to import
Passats diesels with a stick...the Tip is a pretty fair substitute and
I use it when I get into the mountains to hold gears where I want them.
  No idea if there's much fuel mileage penalty - at 41 highway mpg it
can't be that bad :)

CZ
NC