Subject: [Leica] Automatics
From: dnygr at cshore.com (dnygr)
Date: Mon Jun 6 03:40:41 2005

If I lived in New York, I don't know if I'd give up my stick shift car,
though I know why others have done so.

I live 90 miles from New, to the east, on I-95, and if I drive into the city
I take the train during the week, and I'll generally drive on the weekend.
I-95 has a lot of traffic, and I don't mind a shift car when I get stuck in
it. I'm more annoyed by the traffic.

As time marches on, however, and my artritic knees become more troublesome,
I can imagine the day that I'll sift to an automatic and buy something I
like the Audi Jeff mentioned, equipped with Tiptronic. I'll enjoy the German
suspension and miss the engagement with the road and driving that come with
a stick shift and I'll repeatedly say what I say to myself when I'm at the
dentist: "This sucks."

Doug