Subject: [Leica] Car Prices
From: joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao)
Date: Sun Jun 5 00:34:33 2005

I concur.

Current BMW automatics are excellent - very smooth, rapid shifting and has
insignificant effect on performance and economy.  The Sport and Steptronic
modes are handy when maximum control and acceleration are called for.

I also prefer manual transmission in general and together with Honda, BMW
offer one of the best manual transmissions.

I present I have BMWs, and would like to have Mercedes again once they have
the quality issues sorted.  My last Mercedes was a lemon.  I also find
Mercedes better suited for automatics, as if their cars were engineered from
scratch with auto in mind.

Joseph

Current BMWs:
2003 E66 730Li (Steptronic 6-speed automatic)
2002 E46 M3 (SMG II 6-speed)
2003 R53 Mini Cooper S (Getrag 6-speed manual)

Past BMW:
1997 E39 528i (Steptronic 5-speed automatic)
1993 E36 325iS (5-speed manual)
1991 E36 318i (5-speed manual)
1988 E30 318i (5-speed manual)