Subject: [Leica] Heinz Kilfitt Munchen Kilar 150mm/f3.5 LTM lens
From: msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Jun 3 22:05:28 2005

At 08:30 PM 6/1/05 -0700, Muhammad Chishty wrote:

>Is anyone familiar with this lens?  It is supposed to
>be lens made for Leica LTM cameras.  I would
>appreciate any information you may have have.  Thanks!

I am quite familiar with this lens, and have owned a number of them over
the years.  A discussion of the Heinz Kilfitt history is beyond my interest
at the moment, though I suspect that resort to Thiele's works on the German
optical industry should give you the broad picture, albeit he leaves out
the post-1968 history after Herr Kilfitt retired and Dr Back bought him out.

The Kilfitt system was a system which emerged before the Novoflex or
T-mount systems, but which was on the same order.  That is, one lens, many
adapters.  You committed the most horrid of mistakes by failing to provide
us with the complete serial number -- that "xxx" bit that the paranoid
schizophrenics employ is of no use.  Despite this failure, I am relatively
certain that your lens is in a KI mount, and that you need a KIVIS adapter
to fit this lens to your Visoflex reflex housing.

Please ask on if you have further queries.  I am generally slow to respond,
but I do know quite a bit about Kilfitt.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

NEW FAX NUMBER:  +540-343-8505