Subject: [Leica] Fridge or freeze?
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Fri Jun 3 21:02:36 2005

on 6/3/05 7:50 PM, Julian Koplen at jkoplen@mindspring.com wrote:

> Karen, or anyone,
>
> If one freezes film, even professional film that has been brought to
> "ripeness", can that film be kept almost indefinitely in the freezer
> without
> any major deterioration (for ordinary non-critical color uses)?
>
> Thanks........Julian

I've used Kodachrome 64 that had been frozen for ten years beyond expiration
- turned out fine.  K200 was another matter.  I suspect that BG radiation
will fog faster films sooner.  My K25 stash in the freezer is a couple of
years out of date, still looks great.  Any K25 still around has expired, and
if it's been kept frozen it's fetching insane prices.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com