Subject: [Leica] Current Prices for 35/2 Asph & Q re: 12504 hood
From: john.o.newell at comcast.net (John O. Newell)
Date: Thu Jun 2 07:37:37 2005

Two questions for the group:

1.  Used M inventory seems to have dried up quite a bit (probably due to new
prices, which are going up again as discussed in another thread) -- I am
trying to get a feeling for the going price on a 35mm Summicron ASPH in like
new condition.  KEH had one earlier this week for ~US$1500 and it didn't
last very long.  I'm not having much luck finding other non-auction prices
and would appreciate any data points.

2.  The 12585 hood  has/had a cap that fitted over the hood when reversed (I
forget the number).  I can't find anywhere in my old catalogs any reference
to a similar cap for the 12504 hood.  Does anyone remember Leica selling
such a cap?  I don't think the cap for the 12585 would work well because, if
I recall correctly, the straight portion of the '585 hood is significantly
deeper than the '504 hood.

Tks
John Newell

Replies: Reply from creativevisions at verizon.net (Michael J Herring) ([Leica] Current Prices for 35/2 Asph & Q re: 12504 hood)