Subject: [Leica] Too much inventory
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu Jun 2 05:17:07 2005

Fair trade pricing and VAT get you.  Plus, you still have the  " The
individual Country sets their own prices " mentality.....  Whereas distances
are small between countries, driving the consumer nuts to get a good deal by
crossing a border to purchase.

In the US, we have made fair trade pricing illegal, and the only way a
manufacturer can control prices is through advertising kick backs.  ( MAAP).

We also have State Sales Tax, which can add on an additional 8 1/2% or more
to the final prices.  Something you do not see when you look at
advertisements.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

A german made Leica still costs less in the USA than in Germany, even after
the price increase. Same for BMW, Porsche and Mercedes cars, same for
Switzerland and swiss watches (though we have a low VAT here). I don't
understand why we europeans must subsidize the US economy that much... :-)
Didier

Replies: Reply from rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig) ([Leica] Too much inventory)
Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] Too much inventory)