Subject: [Leica] first camera
From: mcintyre at ca.inter.net (Jim McIntyre)
Date: Wed Jun 1 18:20:09 2005

Might as well wade in too...

The first camera I owned outright was a Canon TX with a Canon FD 50 1.8. My
father gave it to me in 1980 (I was 19), and I started shooting with
Ekatchrome and Kodachrome (still have the slides). I knew I was hooked into
this photography thing almost immediately. I traded the body about a year
later for a used Canon FTb when I enrolled in the Visual Arts/Photography
program at the University of Ottawa (Canada, not Kansas). A year after that,
my camera was stolen out of a friend's apartment, and I replaced it with a
Nikon FM. I still check every now and then on auction sites for used FTb's.
They had a semi-spot meter, a very elegant manual exposure system and an
almost foolproof quick-load film takeup. The lens wasn't too shabby
either....

jm

Replies: Reply from mcintyre at ca.inter.net (Jim McIntyre) ([Leica] First camera...an observation)