Subject: [Leica] Computer costs included
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter)
Date: Wed Jun 1 10:54:23 2005

My thoughts must be too simplistic. They are: if you already have all the
computer and software you need for digital photography then there is no cost
other than the camera, digital storage, and print materials; if you don't
have everything you need then  all your purchases are part of the cost of
'going digital'.

Every person who buys a digital camera is going to be different. One can
split the group that has additional costs into more groups defined by some
arbitrary criteria. A logical split might be someone who has already
purchased a scanner and software to be able to digitize film.

My original impression on this thread was that it applied to all people who
purchased a digital camera but then there was a sense the discussion was
only about those on the LUG; we obviously have some access to a computer.

All people run the gamut from those who only buy a digital camera and take
their memory card to a kiosk to print out photos to the professional
photographer who is going to have to have a computer.

Dennis

Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Computer costs included)