Subject: [Leica] GOOD NEWS FROM LEICA
From: pwerner at bluewin.ch (Peter Werner)
Date: Wed Jun 1 08:02:28 2005

> They got new money (23'000'000 Euros) but still have no new plan or
> strategy.

No, they did not.

While the formal decision about capital reduction and re-capitalization
has been approved, this does not mean that the capital needed for the
turnaround has been found.

Patrick Thomas of Hermes said in an inteview after the shareholders
meeting that Hermes would not participate in the recapitalization
without a clear-cut and detailed strategy. "We do not yet know, we shall
have to think it over".

Andreas Kaufmann of ACM, the second largest shareholder declared that
"what we heard today is only the first part of a strategy. While he
believes that Dr. Spichtig can deliver, we want to see more details
about the future strategy".

Source: Reuters (German only, my translation) :
http://www.reuters.de/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=companiesNews&storyI
D=741804&section=news

Where's