Subject: [Leica] Mary Ellen Mark on radio
From: tim at KairosPhoto.com (Timothy Atherton)
Date: Wed Jun 1 06:21:01 2005

> One of my very, very favorite photographers. A seminal portraitist
> who taught the rest of us that a wide angle lens could
> also be a portrait lens. In her case, notably the 60mm Distagon.
> Bob Salomon, formerly of HP Marketing, once told me she was a Rollei
> photographer. I still find that hard to believe.
>
> Slobodan Dimitrov

I took a workshop in Maine a good 12 or 13 years ago now. MEM was teaching
the workshop in the room next door for the whole week. Apart from apparently
managing to make almost every one of her class cry (including the guys) from
the "rigour" of her criticism, she was toting a Hasselblad along with her
Leica M's

tim