Subject: [Leica] photographing bald eagles in the wild
From: KCassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Tue May 31 15:43:18 2005

>From: "Jim Christie" <jim.christie@sbcglobal.net>
>Subject: [Leica] RE: Kyle's Eagle
>
>Kyle,
>I absolutely love your sense of humor. You had me going all the way. I
>thought, wow, this guy is really committed.

usually people are thinking "this guy should BE committed" that's the only
way that word gets used in a sentence with my name. "lazy" is the adjective
of choice usually.

>While I hope someday to get so
>lucky as to photograph an eagle in the wild, I thought, man, I'll never get

>the job done if I have to go through all that you did.

i actually did photograph bald eagles in the wild in wisconson in 2000. it
was out on a frozen river, right by the side of the road, and there was a
sign that said "bald eagles" with an arrow pointing (i kid you not). you
pull the car over, and there, sitting in a tree about 100 yards away, were
six or seven bald eagles, with two or three flying around in the air. i
thought "wow, can they read? how do they know to stay by this sign?"

all i had was a 50mm lens. so all i took were photos of people standing in
front of the sign.

>Then I LOL when I got
>to the end of the story. Love it!!! Also like your eagle shot from the zoo.

>Gives me a new idea.

yes, photograph it in the zoo and then LIE about it. national geographic
will never figure it out. those saps! the paychecks'll just start ROLLIN'
in!

when someone asks "why is that eagle standing on what looks to be an
autographed football?" accuse them of being communists. works for me all the
time. they just sit there, staring at you with a baffled expression, then
you accuse them again, then you call the police and start bellowing "i got a
@#$@#$ damn commie sitting right here!"

they usually clear out at that point.

where are my meds? i'm starting to sound like rabiner.

kc

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] photographing bald eagles in the wild)