Subject: [Leica] OT: Anyone Else Watching History in the Making...
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter)
Date: Mon May 30 17:28:25 2005

So  I'm coming into this thread a little  late.

Patrick was impressive. The last 20 laps are the race at Indy. She was cool
under fire and with a bit more methanol in  the tank it could have been
really
interesting. Bobby Rahal is one of the sharpest in the business and she will
keep learning a lot  from him that will move her up faster. Still, she's got
what it
takes and proved it.

F1 - the  pinnacle of racing. But for the amount of $$$$$ spent it should
be. It's been said: "To make a small  fortune in racing first you must start
with a
large fortune"

Got some slides I took with my Leica when  F1 was racing at the Long Beach
Grand Prix in the '70s. (close to on topic ;-) I need  to  find some time
someday.

NASCAR - it's a  joke. Four barrel carburetors, huh?  what's that?, can I
get one on  my new showroom Chevy? or whatever. It's a circus, a show, guess
who the
ringmaster is.  Must be what the average person in the US thinks is racing.

CART is now Champ Car. Their future remains to be seen but I liked watching
CART. Tony George didn't, and now there's not much open wheel  racing  worth
watching
in the US.

Replies: Reply from rclark01 at comcast.net (Robert Clark) ([Leica] OT: Anyone Else Watching History in the Making...)