Subject: [Leica] Summilux M 1,4/35 PRE ASPH deception
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Sun May 29 14:00:12 2005

I find the 1.4/35 Asph to be a wonderful all rounder.  I've seen no
evidence of harsh bokeh.  The sharpness of the focal plane at wider
apertures compared with the smooth dreaminess of the OOF areas is
something to be seen.  Not small, sure, but certainly not too big
either.  Still, I'm tempted by the f2/35mm Asph, for its compact size
and from some reports marginally better performance.  A lot cheaper too.

However, many times I've used the f1.4 setting for shots that just
wouldn't have worked otherwise, so ...

Rick.