Subject: [Leica] Re: Welcome to New Haven
From: pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (Peter M. C. Choy)
Date: Tue May 24 22:13:26 2005

Karen,

Add my congrats to the list.  I think you'll
find hidden Leica users in the local bushes.

You already know that the renown of Wooster Square
"tomato pies" is justly deserved. And if you haven't
been to New Haven in a while, you'll find that Chapel
Street, Broadway and York Street are happening
places. There's "destination" dining at Roomba,
Zinc, Cafe Adulis and Ibiza, first rate theater
at the Yale Rep and the Schubert, all manner
of music performed in Woolsey Hall and Stoeckel,
and ever-changing exhibitions at the British
Center and the University Art Gallery. A new
first-run movie house has just opened in town
for another pop culture option.  Don't miss
Ashleys (near Mory's) for ice cream.

I detect some sentiment among southern New
England RF users in favor of a gathering, and
your arrival could be the perfect occasion.
As my home state of California seems to be
in great disfavor on this list (at least
until the October LHSA meeting across town from
me), by happy coincidence I've had the idea
to visit my former adoptive home city of New Haven
for the last weekend in August. If you are
settled by then (classes start the next week),
that might be a good time for local luggers
(including RF users from CVUG) to convene for a
welcome.  I'll stand you the first red or green
cup at Mory's, just to remind them that I am a
life member in good standing.

Peter.
SF, CA