Subject: [Leica] RE: Mt. Diablo Picture
From: jim.christie at sbcglobal.net (Jim Christie)
Date: Tue May 24 09:57:34 2005

Doug Herr wrote:

Was this from Briones Regional Park?  Nice lighting
and color on the mountain.  Looks like winter, yes?

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento

To Doug:

Thanks for the welcome and your comments. I also agree about the sprawl, so
I search for unique views to try and avoid it.

Actually, I took the photo in question last Sunday. It does have that brown
hills appearance of winter, but I guess that's because that type of grass
turns "golden brown" in May regardless of the nice rain we have been having
this spring. Regarding the location, I found a spot on a little hill along a
driveway on Taylor Blvd. just west of Sunvalley Mall.

Jim